02 Mar Pou Tikanga vacancy – Taranaki District Health Board
Vacancy No: TAR00869
Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
Permanent, full time
Applications are sought for the new role of ‘Pou Tikanga’ established as part of Te Paharakeke Hauora, the DHB’s Maori Health Unit. Reporting to the Chief Advisor Maori Health, this role will form part of the management team of Te Pa Harakeke and the wider DHB. Proficient in te reo Maori me ona tikanga, in essence the Pou Tikanga is responsible for the visibility of tikanga Maori across the DHB.
As the DHB’s cultural leader, Te Pou Tikanga will be responsible for the on-going development and implementation of the DHB’s:
- cultural competencies framework across its workforce, and
- tikanga policies and practices throughout the DHB.
Ideally the successful person will have:
- experience working in mainstream organisation such as a DHB
- a good understanding of Maori health issues and strategy
- the ability to develop, document, coordinate, implement and monitor a structured cultural competency program applicable to the DHB’s workforce in all localities across Taranaki
For more information and to apply visit the Taranaki District Health Board careers portal – http://tas-adhbrac.taleo.net/careersection/tar_nonclinical/jobdetail.ftl